A match casino bonus has been designed to help players to increase their bankroll while also adding a little extra excitement to their online wagering experience. Usually, a match casino bonus comes in the form of a deposit match – matching the amount that you deposit into your player account with a sum of money given by the casino itself. Here, you’ll find out everything you need to know about match casino bonuses.
What Is A Match Casino Bonus?
Bonuses are now very common in online casinos and are offered to both new and existing players. Usually, the biggest and best match offers are awarded to brand new players as a thank you for registering with a site and for depositing their first sum of money in their player account. However, there are also match bonuses awarded to existing players from time to time to encourage them to stay loyal to their casino brand.
A Match Casino bonus is so named because the operator matches the player’s deposit amount in a set percentage. This may be 100% of the deposit, it may be less than that or it may even be more. Some casinos even offer a deposit match bonus not only on the initial deposit but also on the next two or three deposits made, although often these subsequent matches will have a lower percentage.
Let’s take a quick look at an example of a match casino bonus:
The casino offers players a 100% deposit match bonus on amounts deposited up to £200. Therefore, you’ll receive 100% in free funds on any sum deposited up to the value of £200. So if you deposit £100, you’ll get another £100 in bonus funds. This will mean you have a total bankroll of £200.
How To Claim A Match Deposit Bonus
There are a couple of ways in which you can claim your match deposit bonus. Some come with their own bonus code. This means you’ll need to enter that code into the casino website in order to claim it. Other match deposit bonuses are claimed by opting in – the casino will simply require you to click a box onscreen saying you want to take advantage of the offer.
Match Deposit Bonuses With Free Spins
There are several kinds of bonus which include a free spins offer, and match deposit bonuses often include free spins within their promotion. There are often conditions attached, however. Usually, the spins can only be used on one game, or one of a selection of games. There will also be wagering requirements and an expiry period. Sometimes there is also a bonus code to enter to take advantage of this kind of deal.
Match Bonus – Details To Pay Attention To
When you claim your match deposit bonus, there are a few details which you must pay close attention to.
- Terms & Conditions – always take the time to fully read all the terms and conditions associated with the offer. This will ensure that you won’t be disappointed or have unrealistic expectations of what the match bonus offer involves.
- Minimum deposit – make sure you know how much you need to deposit in order to take advantage of this offer.
- Wagering requirements – this will ensure that you know how many times the bonus will need to be played through before you can withdraw any winnings.
- Time limit – most deposit match bonuses have time limits attached in which you need to have completed the playthrough requirement. If the time limit runs out, you’ll lose all your winnings from the bonus.
- Maximum cashout – always check how much you’re able to withdraw from your bonus winnings. If you win more, you won’t be able to withdraw it.
- Restricted countries – not all bonuses are applicable for players in every jurisdiction.
- Restricted payment methods – some banking methods are excluded from benefiting from deposit match bonuses. Make sure you choose the right method to avoid disappointment.
How To Compare The Best Match Casino Bonuses
There are a few things to keep in mind when comparing the best match casino bonuses:
- Bonus amount – how high a percentage are you hoping for? Remember that the higher the percentage, the bigger the wagering requirement. Often a bonus of around 100% is easier to cash out as the wagering requirement won’t be so excessive.
- Maximum bonus amount – there are some casinos which limit your maximum bonus amount. That means if you deposit a larger sum, you’ll still get the same amount of bonus.
- Maximum bet size – some casinos enforce a maximum bet size for match bonuses. This means you can’t bet more than a certain sum of money on each spin. Should you bet more, you may be prevented from withdrawing your winnings or the wagering requirement will be hugely increased.
How To Calculate How Much To Wager For Match Casino Bonuses
When you’re trying to take advantage of a match casino bonus, it’s important to calculate the cost of that bonus so you know how much you need to wager and how much that bonus could cost you.
There are three key elements which are relevant when trying to understanding how much any given match bonus could cost you. These are:
- Its wagering requirement
- The house edge of the game
- The contributing percentage of the game
The wagering requirement refers to how many times you need to wager the amount of the deposit itself plus the amount given as bonus funds before you’ll be permitted to cash out your winnings. It could be as high as 40 times, or even higher.
The game’s house edge refers to the total taken bet percentage which the casino expects to be able to keep. Therefore, as an example, if a game has a 2% house edge, the casino expects to make overall profits of 2% on that game. Some games have a higher house edge than others and this will have an effect on how long you’ll need to play the game in question for before you see a profit.
The game contributing percentage refers to the amount each game will count towards your overall wagering requirement. Some games count 100% whereas others may only count as little as 5% or 10% towards your playthrough total. Usually, slots have a 100% contributing percentage, however for games like roulette, blackjack and baccarat, you’ll need to play more and wager more for it to contribute the same amount to your wagering requirement.
Let’s look at how this can be worked out in practice:
If a deposit match bonus is worth £200 and has a £4000 wagering requirement (calculated by multiplying the game’s wagering requirement by the total size of the bonus) and is placed on roulette which has a house edge of 2.5% here is the calculation process involved:
Total bonus – house edge x wagering requirement = estimated bonus value
Estimated value of bonus = £200 – £100
Estimated value of bonus is therefore £100
This, therefore, makes it worth claiming. However, here is another example:
Imagine there’s a match bonus of 100% up to a total of £300. The wagering requirement stands at £10,000. You want to play a slot which has a 3.5% house edge. This can be calculated as follows:
Total bonus – house edge x wagering requirement = estimated bonus value
£300 – 3.5% x £10,000 = estimated bonus value
£300 – £350 = estimated bonus value
-£50 = estimated value of bonus
This is a negative figure which means that it isn’t worth claiming this bonus.
It may look complex to work out these figures, however you can work them out much more quickly and easily by using one of the online wagering calculators. All you need to do is input the figures and you’ll instantly see whether or not it’s worth claiming a particular offer and how much you’ll need to wager.
The deposit match bonus is a common offer seen on many online casino sites. It can be a very lucrative promotion as long as you take the time to work out whether it’s worth it for you. Read the terms and conditions thoroughly.
You can rely on us to tell you about all the best casino match deposit bonuses out there today so that you can make a well-informed decision about which is best to suit your needs and preferences.